Cognos Analytics v11 delivers ease of use for the business without compromising IT functionality.
- Redefined consumption experience for any device
- Accelerated business modeling and performance
- Redefined report authoring and analysis
Completely re-designed end user experience! Dramatically increase productivity for departmental and enterprise reporting.
Portal – Welcome Screen
- Coach Marks to guide users
- Find Content
- New sliding panels for easy navigation
- Maintains folder security specifications from Cognos 10
- Create folder, sort, copy, move, change properties and more
Schedules and Subscriptions
- All Schedules are maintained
- Users can now subscribe to reports
- The report is delivered to their Notification Center on a schedule.
Simplification of the Studios
The number of studios have been reduced for simplicity, the only objects are now:
- Data Modules
IBM recommends to create new content using new tools
“Wait ~ Where are my Studios?”
Companion applications are still available for existing customers
- Cognos 10 Studios
- My Inbox
- Drill-Through Definitions
- My Watch Items
Currently, a Dashboard created in Cognos Workspace is still available and it will open in a new browser tab. However, the “Do More” button has been removed (announced for depreciation).
Data, Metadata and Queries
Status quo for:
- Framework Manager, models and packages (CQM/DQM)
- Exeption: No CQM support ofr TM1, Essbase, SAP BW, Microsoft Analysis Services
- Dynamic Cube and Cube Designer
- Powerplay and Transformer
- Basic administration capabilities
- Targeted at the departmental admin
- Links to Cognos Administration for Administrators
- Perform a subset tasks that are in Cognos Administration
“Wait ~ There’s More..?”
If you’re ready to upgrade to v11.0.4 – or if you want to find out more about Cognos Analytics – Contact Us.