Forecasting and Budgeting
Volatility, uncertainty and risk have been increasing for years—and they’re not going away any time soon. In response, leading CFOs and finance organizations are seeking analytics solutions to help them drive greater efficiency, deliver stronger foresight and steer business performance more effectively.
However, most finance teams still spend an disproportionate amount of time in manual, spreadsheet-based processes. Because of that, these finance professionals are often unable to deliver plans, budgets, forecasts, reports and value-added analysis in a timely fashion. They are seeking more flexible, agile solutions that can provide fast, reliable results with deeper insight and greater foresight. eCapital gives them just that.
- Speed—Start immediately and grow your deployment quickly wherever needed. Automate plans, analyses and reports to drive efficiency.
- Agility—Adapt plans and analyses to changing business conditions. Align financial plans with corporate objectives, linked to operational tactics and market events.
- Foresight—Make analytics available to everyone, so they can explore and visualize both internal and external data, and anticipate the future.
- Powerful planning and analysis – Create and analyze sophisticated plans, budgets and forecasts, even those based on large data sets.
- Flexible modeling – Develop and deploy even the most complex planning and analysis models using a guided modeling environment.
- Engagement with more users – Interact with users from across the organization in high-participation planning while collaborating with remote and distributed users.
Customer experiences slow close cycles due to an abundance of ‘moving parts’. Typically, a spreadsheet process is constantly adapted for new situations, and is thus error prone. A consolidation solution must have a mapping capability to align various ledgers with different chart-of-accounts to reach a common consolidation structure.
Features of a consolidation solution:
- Capability to load, maintain, and calculate multiple Fx rates, yet allow for planning in local currencies
- Ability to support complex ownership structures
- Allows for ease of report creation and dimensional data analysis
- Integrated solution supporting the visibility and transparency required for internal and external financial audits
- Transparency of financial information accessible across your organization
- Support for both centralized and decentralized consolidations that enable a quick turn-around in decisions taken
- Complex functionalities like inter-company eliminations, journal adjustments and calculations, foreign exchange adjustments etc., are all customized and automated
- Availability of an open audit-trail that can be analyzed for opportunities in new strategies
- Easy migration and integration of external data required for benchmarking and analysis
- Easy integration of financial and operational data
- Easy management of subsidiaries
Financial and Regulatory Reporting
Business leaders and managers need real-time data along with focused narrative analysis to communicate effectively with stakeholders. Yet, because of an over reliance on general-purpose tools and manual processes, many companies struggle with creating timely, accurate reports that marry quantitative data with qualitative analysis. This leads to a lack of confidence in the data, which can have a direct impact on an organization’s ability to respond quickly to risks or to take advantage of market opportunities.
Financial and Regulatory Reporting solutions automate the collection of any and all business intelligence and performance management data with a single, reliable and dynamic reporting and analysis platform. Corporate finance can now ensure that there is a single version of the truth across all levels of the organization, greatly improving the strategic decision making process.
IT Allocation Solution
Management desires to allocate their budgets to the ‘consumer level’. Eliminating IT ‘cost-only’ centers by transferring costs to ‘profit centers’ drives accountability. Through our IT Allocation Solutions, the extensive task of assigning the IT budget to business lines is manageable and provides transparency.
- Allowing for line managers to ‘build a IT budget’ with embedded rates and factors per product or service provides real-time accountability
- Rapid calculation engine allows for quick computation of large and complex allocations
- Multi-dimensional capability aligns data across unique intersection of entities, account, equipment/service type, budget/cost versioning, and time for ease of analysis
- Drill down capability to ERP spend data allows for transparency to actual spend detail
- Allows for bottom-up compilation of IT budget requests
- Option as a pre-budget process with direct interface to planning system and monthly forecasting / spend analysis
- Replaces complex and error prone spreadsheet systems that are void of detail and transparency
- Leverage current investment for security, BI data sources, and interfaces