Oracle has yet to update all versions of the Hyperion EPM platform to work with Internet Explorer 11 and several versions will never be compatible. However, they have released a supported process to make a few of the older versions work using Internet Explorer’s new Enterprise Mode feature. Below we will walk you through how to set this up so you can evaluate using Internet Explorer 11 with your version of Hyperion.
Here is what you need to make this possible:
- Internet Explorer 11 installed on Windows 7 or 8.1.
- Oracle EPM release 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 with patch set update .500 or later.
- Either Windows Professional or Enterprise Editions. This change cannot be made on standard versions of Windows 8.1 or Windows 7.
What is Enterprise Mode for IE 11?
Enterprise mode for Internet Explorer 11 is a built in functionality that will allow it to function like Internet Explorer 8. This allows use of older web applications with the more modern Internet Explorer. This is a compatibility mode similar to earlier releases, but this feature allows for more administrative control. In most cases, your local IT administrators will control this functionality. This setting is designed to help older web based applications continue to function without issue.
How to set it up:
- First we will need to launch your local group policy editor, you can do this by going to Start, Run, then type gpedit.msc as shown below.
- Next navigate to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Internet Explorer.
- From here go to the Right Panel and locate “Let users turn on and use Enterprise Mode”. Double-click the object, then set it to “Enabled”. Now users can enable Enterprise Mode manually.
Note: System administrators can also enable the “Use the Enterprise Mode IE website” list option. To do this create a list of websites that you would commonly use, which will require Enterprise Mode, and save that to a file. Enter the location of that file in the options box (shown in the bottom left section). Internet Explorer will then load the list and render all of the websites on it into Enterprise Mode.
- Now let’s go ahead and activate this on our systems Internet Explorer 11. Once Enterprise Mode is enabled you will need to configure this for the required websites. First, you will need to close and reopen your Internet Explorer. Now go to the tools menu and select Enterprise Mode to toggle Enterprise Mode for the current website, in this case your companies Hyperion EPM URL.
That is all that is needed to enable Enterprise Mode and make older versions of Hyperion EPM compatible with the newest version of Internet Explorer.
Free eBook Download
In the eBook “Having a Conversation with Data”, learn what the current BI infrastructure has been and associated challenges with the traditional approach. How important the user experience is in order to best maximize data’s value (think visualizations!!) to your organization and how to gain a competitive advantage with modern analytics platforms.