1. Log into EM.
2. Select WebLogic Domain>bifoundation_domain from the left navigation pane.
3. Click the WebLogic Domain drop-down list in the right pane.
4. Select System MBean Browser from the list.
5. Expand Application Defined MBeans>oracle.biee.admin.
6. Expand bifoundation_domain.
7. Lock the domain to update it. Expand BIDomain and select the BIDomain MBean where group=Service. Note: Expand Show MBean Information in the right pane.
8. Click the Operation tab.
9. Click the Lock link. On the Operation:lock page, click the Invoke button.
10. Click the Return button.
11. Expand BIDomain.BIInstance.ServerConfiguration, and then select the BIDomain.BIInstance.ServerConfiguration MBean.
12. Click the Attributes tab. Scroll down and click UsageTrackingCentrallyManaged. Set Value to true in the drop-down list.
13. Click the Apply button. When you see the confirmation message for the update, click the Return button.
14. Similarly, set the UsageTrackingEnabled attribute to true to enable usage tracking.
15. Set the UsageTrackingDirectInsert attribute to true to enable direct insertion.
16. Set the UsageTrackingPhysicalTableName attribute to the name of the fully qualified database table for collecting query statistic information, as it appears in the Physical layer of the Oracle BI repository.
17. Set the UsageTrackingConnectionPool attribute to the name of the fully qualified connection pool for the query statistics database, as it appears in the Physical layer of the Oracle BI repository.
Note: For usage tracking insertions to succeed, the connection pool must be configured with a user ID that has write access to the back-end database. Also, it is recommended that the connectivity type support international data.
After applying your changes, release the lock on the domain, as follows:
- Return to the BIDomain MBean where group=Service under oracle.biee.admin, Domain:bifoundation_domain, BIDomain.
- Click the Operations tab.
- Click one of the first commit operations.
18. Go to the Oracle Business Intelligence Instance page and click Restart All on the Availability>Processes tab.