A common part of an Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) installation is configuring a client’s current LDAP server to pass users and groups into OBIEE. Here are the quick steps to configure a foreign LDAP in OBIEE:
- Login to weblogic console
- Click on Security Realms
- Click new to create the new LDAP entry.
- Type MSAD into the name field.
- For this scenario, Active Directory is selected as the type
- click ok.
- The new MSAD entry is now located at the bottom of the table.
- Click on the Default Authenticator link.
- Confirm that the control flag for the Default Authenticator is set to sufficient and return to the providers screen.
- Reorder the provider screen to look like below, MSAD being at the top of the table.
- After reordering, click on the MSAD link to view its settings.
- Confirm that the control flag for MSAD is set to sufficent
- Click the provider specific tab
- Enter the following details into the MSAD provider specific screen, adjusting to suit your specific environment:
User Base DN: CN=Users,DC=corp,DC=YOURCOMPANY,DC=com
All Users Filter: (&(sAMAccountName=*)(objectclass=user))
User From Name Filter:(&(sAMAccountName=%u)(objectclass=user))
User Name Attribute:sAMAccountName
User Object Class: user
Group Base DN:CN=Users,DC=corp,DC=YOURCOMPANY,DC=com
- Log into weblogic enterprise manager
- Right click on bi foundation > Security > Security Provider Configuration
- Click the configure button on the identity store provider section of the page.
- Click the Add button and enter the following
Property Name: virtualize
- Click OK.
- Restart BI Services.
Free eBook Download
In the eBook “Having a Conversation with Data”, learn what the current BI infrastructure has been and associated challenges with the traditional approach. How important the user experience is in order to best maximize data’s value (think visualizations!!) to your organization and how to gain a competitive advantage with modern analytics platforms.