A snapshot is an archive or backup file that enables you to restore your cloud environment. You can take a snapshot of the system at any time. I often use snapshots to move content between OBIEE instances. Below are the steps to take a snapshot in BI OAC:
- From the Homepage of your OAC instance click on the Console icon.
- In the left-hand column click Snapshots
- Click New Snapshot. Enter a brief description to help you remember later why you took it. Click OK and just like that, the latest content is saved to a snapshot.
If something goes wrong, you can easily restore your content to a previous working state from a snapshot
Note: Restoring from a snapshot will overwrite all existing content. All current sessions will be terminated, so make sure all active users are aware of a restore or there is a possibility work may be lost. Large snapshots will take some time to upload and restore, allow up to 15-20 minutes for large snapshots.
- Click Console
- Click Snapshots from the left-hand column.
- Select the snapshot that you want to use to restore your system. Click the Manage Snapshot icon and select Restore.
- In the Restore Snapshot dialog, select only those elements you want to restore.
For example, you may not want to include application roles if you’re restoring a snapshot taken from a pre-production service, to a production service. If so, deselect Application Roles before clicking Restore
A warning message will display asking if you want to proceed with the restore. Click Yes to restore the selected snapshot, or click No to abandon the restore.
If you have any questions about this post or Oracle Cloud Analytics, Please contact me at: