IBM recently announced that they will be discontinuing support of IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 8.4.1 starting Sept. 30, 2013. As your analytic consulting partners we know how important is that you can leverage the benefits of IBM Support to maximize your Cognos investments.
So, as you prepare to analyze whether you will be upgrading your Cognos software, we have a few considerations to help you make the decision to transition to the more robust, flexible Cognos 10 platform.
If you are not content with your financial performance, are not able to collaborate on key business decisions, do not have the capacity to support big data or do not have the ability to provide mobile analytics then the Cognos 10 upgrade should be a serious consideration for your organization. The average client who migrates to Cognos 10 will see up to 80% faster query response time. If that is not enough to send you running toward an upgrade, here are our top 10 Cognos 10 features that we see as a sampling of the many upgrade benefits:
- Mobile capabilities with active reports available offline and on your tablet
- Collaborative BI capabilities
- Faster performance
- Historical and real-time analytic capabilities
- Workflow capabilities, see the lineage of the data to increase accuracy
- Continued support by IBM with tools to help simplify the upgrade process
- Ability to easily incorporate additional software like TM1 and SPSS predictive analytics
- Event management capabilities updated to give authors more options to control more aspects of the event
- Search capabilities integrated into the common workspace
- An updated workspace with flexible dashboards, intuitive navigation, and better look and feel
- Bonus! Drives better user adoption
On top of the updated software, there are also built-in training videos, ‘how-to’ books and user communities with trusted expertise to enhance user experience. But don’t just take our word for it, watch the Boeing use case video describing the value they extracted by upgrading to Cognos 10 (it only took Boeing 6 days to migrate over).
Our dedicated System Architecture team, a unique offering in the industry, can provide you with guidance when planning an upgrade to the latest release of Cognos.
Free eBook Download
In the eBook “Having a Conversation with Data”, learn what the current BI infrastructure has been and associated challenges with the traditional approach. How important the user experience is in order to best maximize data’s value (think visualizations!!) to your organization and how to gain a competitive advantage with modern analytics platforms.